Some of our members have asked how they can help administer WF LETS; here’s a summary of the main things we do (as at Dec 2014).
- Chair: Inspire, empower, facilitate, produce annual report for AGM. 1-2 hours per month
- Sterling Treasurer: Bank cash & cheques, maintain cashbook of income & expenditure, write cheques, produce annual report for AGM. 1-2 hours per month.
- Beams Treasurer: Monitor trading activity, annual beams debit, conduct beams transactions on behalf of IT challenged members, pay out beams to committee. 1 hour per month
- Secretary: Organise regular committee meetings, note & chase actions. 2 hours per month.
- New members: Adding new members to the trading system. Skills basic IT, attention to detail. 20 mins per member, typically 3 members per month.
- Emails: Checking & responding to emails to WF LETS from members weekly. Skills basic IT, interpersonal communications. 30 mins per week
- Event planning & organisation: Brainstorming, planning & supporting regular events. Skills: organisational, people. 3-4 hours per month
- Technical support: Trading system admin / technical support. 2 hours per month
- Event publicity design: Formulate event message, flyer design, outreach. Skills: copywriting, visual design. 3-4 hours per month
- Communications: Monthly email communications to members: Lets Loop, wants, offers. Events to listings sites (e.g. LBWF, Elist, Stella’s newsletter). 1-2 hours per month.
- Social media updates: Posting events, LETS loop, etc to Facebook & twitter, engagement in conversations. 1-2 hours per month
- Website updates: Posting events, LETS loop, etc. 1-2 hours per month
- Enrolment: Attending 90 minute enrolment meetings at Hornbeam once per month. Explain LETS, sign up new members, drink coffee, have lovely conversations. 2 hours per month