It is the intention of Waltham Forest LETS that no person be discriminated against or disadvantaged in any way or harassed on the grounds of race, ethnic origin, gender, sexuality, marital status, religious or political beliefs, age, disability, HIV status or physical appearance.
- It is our policy that members should be provided with a service according to their individual needs and that in no way are they discriminated against on the above grounds.
- It is the duty of members to accept their personal responsibility for the practical application of this policy.
- In our work with members, we will seek to challenge discriminatory views or behaviour.
- We have established, and will review and maintain procedures and working practices designed to ensure equality of opportunity.
- If a member feels they are being discriminated against in any way by another LETS member, they should refer to the procedures set out in ‘About LETS’ under the heading: ‘What if I’m not happy with the service or goods provided by another member?’