Here are the recipes (by Made in Hackney ) that Annabale showed us on our LETS Forage event on Sunday 18th May.
Keeps 3 months refrigerated
- 12 elderflower heads
- 1 large lemon
- 750g granulated sugar
- Shake the elderflowers to remove any insects and put them in a large bowl
- Peel off the lemon peel and slice the lemon. Put both in a bowl with elderflowers
- Put the sugar and 600 ml of water in a large saucepan and heat slowly stirring gently until the sugar has dissolved. Then bring to the boil.
- Pour the boiling syrup over the elderflowers and lemon and stir well
- Strain through a muslin lined sieve or clean disposable kitchen cloth into a clean bowl. Then pour into a steilised bottle using a steriliusing funnel.
- 700g caster sugar
- 20 heads elderflower
- 2 tablespoons white wine/cider vinegar
- Pinch of yeast
- 4 litres of hot water
- Add the sugar to 4 litres of hot water and stir until the sugar dissolves
- Top up with cold water to make 6 litres
- Add the vinegar and flower heads and stir gently
- Cover with muslin and leave for 2 days
- Add a pinch of yeast and stir
- Leave for a further 4 days
- Strain the mix through muslin and pour into sterilised plastic bottles leaving the lids loose
- Seal the lids after 2 weeks